Re: debian cd image download website

On Wednesday 16 September 2009, Maximilian Haeussler wrote:
> > Please read the installation guide before you are doing installation.
> > [1] http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual
>
> No. It is the other way round: One has to SELECT your architecture to
> read an installation guide. Users who do not know their architecture do
> not know which installation guide they should read. They will definitely
> look into AMD if they bought Intel. This architecture problem is bugging
> me since the introduction of IA64.

The installation guide _does_ mention this though. It can be seen both in
the architecture table
   http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch02s01.html.en#id2756248
and in the section on CPU support just below that:
   http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch02s01.html.en#id2756691

I've just added an explicit caution in the version for IA64.

Cheers,
FJP