Re: location of jigdo files for NON-US testing images of sarge dvds

In article <[🔎] 20050219110224.GA5326@vilya> richard@2005.atterer.net writes:
>On Sat, Feb 19, 2005 at 11:19:27AM +0530, email1@buylinuxdvd.com wrote:
>> My understanding is US images can be sold/distributed only in US, and
>> NON-US images can be sold only outside US?
>
>No - outside the US, any type of CD can be distributed. Within the US, the
>non-US variant cannot be distributed.

No, the only problem was exporting the non-US version from the US.
This was to avoid exporting the deadly munition of encryption.  The
new regultations just require we inform the US government we are doing
the xporting (and avoid exporting to certain countries).

--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html