Re: jigdo rawtemplate support

On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 04:51:16PM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> If it's not too much hassle, I think it would be much nicer to revert
> back to hex - it's much easier to work with.

What's the point? The code is there in jigdo-file, and its --hex option is
usually enough to get things to work with other command line utilities.

> And as we ship all the .jigdo files gzipped by default, gzip will fix any
> inefficiency here.

I believe it wouldn't - gzip's LZ77 algorithm doesn't like random-looking
data like that, and gzip doesn't include any Huffman-like compression.

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key:
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  0x888354F7
  ¯ '` ¯