Re: jigdo/debian-cd mirror layout standards

On Sat, Jul 20, 2002 at 05:46:17PM +0100, Philip Hands wrote:
> On Sat, 2002-07-20 at 12:47, Richard Atterer wrote:
> > so that people can http-mirror http://cdimage/debian-jigdo/ and
> > get just a 3.0_r0 directory with jigdo files - do anything else
> > and the directory structure produced by jigdo-mirror won't match
> > "some.mirror.org/debian-cd/3.0_r0/alpha/debian-30r0-alpha-binary-1.iso"
>
> Eh?  I don't follow that.
>
> Are you saying that the directory layout of the jigdo files is
> copied for the layout of the .iso images? If so, surely that's only
> from the arch director downwards?

Yes and yes, if I understand you correctly.

> I think we've got our wires crossed.

I think so too! %-)

My basic assumption is that we want a "3.0_r0" directory to appear on
CD mirrors, to make it easy for users to check whether a mirror really
contains up-to-date CD images.

Currently, if a CD mirror sets up HTTP mirroring of
http://cdimage/jigdo-area/current (to get just the current stable
release), *no* "3.0_r0" directory is created. CD mirror admins will
instruct jigdo-mirror to create images with

  jigdoDir=/mirrors/cdimage-jigdo-area-current/
  imageDir=/home/ftp/debian-cd/

and jigdo-mirror will create files like e.g.
/home/ftp/debian-cd/alpha/debian-30r0-alpha-binary-1.iso - no "3.0_r0"
to be seen.

Hm... - of course, the actual iso files now include the "30r0", I
forgot about that... so if you think that's enough for people to
identify the version, fine. (I'll have to update the CD FAQ with this
info.)

> As for the rsync URL, surely that can be anything I choose ---
> jigdo-mirror doesn't user rsync does it?

URL can be anything and jigdo doesn't use rsync - sorry to be so
confusing! :-)

Cheers,

  Richard

--