Re: jigdo/debian-cd mirror layout standards

On Sat, 2002-07-20 at 12:47, Richard Atterer wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 20, 2002 at 11:23:59AM +0100, Philip Hands wrote:
> > On Sat, 2002-07-20 at 04:53, Adam Conrad wrote:
> > > 2. hardlink tree or other magic so you can have a jigdo-area without
> > > snapshot/ directories. (calling it "debian-jigdo" or something for
> > > consistency with other mirror components might not be a bad idea)
> >
> > Fair enough, I like the debian-jigdo name. I wish you'd mentioned
> > that before all the URLs had been fixed as jigdo-area. :-/
>
> Well, there's no problem introducing it now...
> http://cdimage/debian-jigdo/ should only contain one symlink named
> "3.0r0" pointing to ../jigdo-area/3.0_r0/jigdo,

Er, no --- Apache needs an Alias, probably --- but the effect is the
same, perhaps.

> so that people can
> http-mirror http://cdimage/debian-jigdo/ and get just a 3.0_r0
> directory with jigdo files - do anything else and the directory
> structure produced by jigdo-mirror won't match
> "some.mirror.org/debian-cd/3.0_r0/alpha/debian-30r0-alpha-binary-1.iso"

Eh?  I don't follow that.

Are you saying that the directory layout of the jigdo files is copied
for the layout of the .iso images?  If so, surely that's only from the
arch director downwards?

I think we've got our wires crossed.

The reason I was going to leave it for now is that the templates and the
snapshot falback URLs both name jigdo-area, so there's not much point
adding http serving for debian-jigdo until the next CD release, when I
can change those URLs.

As for the rsync URL, surely that can be anything I choose ---
jigdo-mirror doesn't user rsync does it?

Cheers, Phil.

--
Say no to software patents!  http://petition.eurolinux.org/