Re: Debian 3.0 released. Jigdo files available and for DVD?

Yum, official DVD jigdo files would be nice!

On Sat, Jul 20, 2002 at 06:13:12PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 20, 2002 at 05:59:27PM +0100, Philip Hands wrote:
> >or do you fancy doing them, and zapping the jigdos up to open? (they'll
> >need to be run through publish_cds though).
>
> I would, but my link is a little busy right now and my upstream
> bandwidth on cablemodem is abysmal for transfers that large.

Can't you generate the files directly on cdimage? (...raff has better
hardware, but it currently needs to serve the 3.0r0 CD jigdo files.)

On Sat, Jul 20, 2002 at 06:27:27PM +0100, Philip Hands wrote:
> On Sat, 2002-07-20 at 18:13, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> > But I've only made DVDs for i386 and source so far. I wouldn't be
> > able to say if, for example, we'd be able to make bootable sparc
> > DVDs. Suck it and see, I guess.
>
> So, maybe put them under:
>
>    jigdo-area/3.0_r0/jigdo/dvd_test
>
> until someone reports success with them, at which  point they get pushed
> into their relevant arch directory, and signed?

But jigdo-area/3.0_r0/jigdo/dvd_test will again make it more difficult
only to mirror the official release jigdo files. Why not
jigdo-area/3.0_r0-pre-dvd or similar? Then move them into
jigdo-area/3.0_r0/jigdo once they're official.

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _