Re: Problems compiling jigdo 0.6.1 on Mandrake Cooker

On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 02:53:13PM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
> 1) This is a Debian GNU/Linux mailing list. A completely different
>    distribution of Linux than Mandrake.

I think the mail was on-topic for this list because it concerns a user
who apparently wants to download Debian, so surely we should aid him
in doing so?!

> 2) This being a Debian mailing list (and the Debian CD distribution/info
>    mailing list at that), it has nothing to do with jigdo. I suggest you
>    look in to the docs of jigdo to find out the appropriate mailing list
>    for it.

Well, the jigdo web page tells people to write to *this* list, so if
anyone is to blame, it's me! :-)

Consider this analogy: The Debian web pages are intended to be viewed
with any web browser. This includes MSIE - if people using MSIE were
to write to debian-www complaining that they are unable to use the
site, I'm sure they would not get an answer like yours.

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _