Re: Debian BSD.. cool idea

If someone belives in free software, I'd prefer they'd just improve the
existing code base than fork it, unless there is a _distinct_ difference
in intent and plans for the future.

The GPL prohibits companies from using the software and improving/distributing
it, unless they want to give away all of their changes.  I don't see how that
allows EVERYBODY to use the software.

No, I don't realize how that'd be banning poor people from using the software.
I just see it as hypocritical to believe in free software and yet want to fork
something without evaluating it for what its worth and trying to change it for
_everyone_.

If you insist on having a fork for reasons that are beyone me (The name doesn't
mean _that_ much) then at least dual license your changes to the source base.

-Dan Papasian
<bugg@bugg.strangled.net>