Re: [AMD/ATI graphics] Missing firmware not declared / kernel modules not included in initrd

Hi,

Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@debian.org> wrote (Sun, 25 Apr 2021 10:30:30 +0200):
> > (Also: Look at the other reports I quoted in my mail above for more user cases.)
>
> But aren't all those other reports from either the buster installer, or
> from installers for releases before buster?

Arrr, yes, you are right!
That slipped through this morning.
This "firmware thing" has already so many threads and discussions, that I may
have lost full overview over all those details. Sorry

So, we need recent hardware and recent installation-reports to be sure...

Maybe this ones:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2021/02/msg00268.html
https://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2021/01/msg00001.html
https://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2021/04/msg00225.html

And there was a huge discussion on debian-devel in January regarding
firmware/nonfree etc., starting here:
to (maybe) get a broader overview on people's experience, besides of
installation-reports?

Holger

--
Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org>
PGP-Fingerprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076