Re: [AMD/ATI graphics] Missing firmware not declared / kernel modules not included in initrd

Hi,

Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@debian.org> wrote (Sat, 24 Apr 2021 16:44:58 +0200):
> Would you be in a position to check a debian 10 install on the same
> hardware, and fetch the dmesg output and /var/log/Xorg.0.log after
> installation, as well as the list of installed packages (to understand
> if firmware packages were installed somehow)?

Yes.

> And then maybe do the same with the bullseye RC1 image?
>
> Also can you confirm that just switching to another console and
> installing the firmware package there was enough to fix the issue?
>
> I don't understand whether this is a regression from Debian 10 or not.
> For example,
> > https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=931436
> was about the RC2 for the buster installer.

I'm just installing Buster on that machine.
Will collect data after that, and try Bullseye next.

Holger

--
Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org>
PGP-Fingerprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076