Re: F2FS support

> Hmmm, OK. I mis-read, assuming it was flash-specific. I can't promise
> to do much testing for you just yet, though - really busy on other
> stuff atm.

No worries! I can't even test it myself in the couple of weeks anyway.

> Wetry to do the alpha builds every few months, but it's a (very!)
> flexible schedule at this stage of the release process. It depends on
> kibi and me having time to do things - he's the d-i release manager,
> and I run the CD/DVD builds.
>
> The hard deadline will be near the end of 2020, when we freeze
> Bullseye for the full release. We'll then switch to doing release
> candidates for d-i, and at that point we will only want to be taking
> bugfixes.

That's good to hear, then there should be enough of time to get this into an alpha build before the first rc is around the corner.
Depending on your schedule it could even make it in the second alpha (if there is nothing major is missed).

> To be honest, I'm genuinely not sure. I've never had to play with that
> piece myself. Checking the code/changelog in partman-basicfilesystems,
> I think it's a list of the mount options that are allowed for a
> specific filesystem, so that d-i can validate what options the user
> has chosen for a filesystem. But I'm not 100% sure, sorry!

So I would have to go through the options and check which we (don't) want to allow in the installer.
That would explain why some filesystems have less mount options listed than the kernel documents. Will look into it again, and maybe ask some persons who contributed the mount options for other filesystems.

Stephan