Re: F2FS support

> Awesome work! I've had a quick skim through, and itlooks OK but I'm
> not an f2fs user and don't have any eMMC/SD hardware available at the
> moment so I can't readily test it here either.

Thanks for the answer! F2FS also works nice with normal SSDs, the advantage compared to ext4 is just very small afaik.

> To test, you'll want to build d-i and add your new module. See
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Build
>
> for instructions there. The easiest option is then to build a
> monolithic installer initramfs. Boot that and run through the
> installer. Make sure your new module is included and check it works as
> you'd expect

Thanks for the link, I'll take a look at it. I will try to build it and test it with my old machine when I have time to set it up, probably sadly not earlier than February.
That being said I have two questions:

 * The first alpha of the Bullseye installer just got released, is there any ETA for the second one / beta? Would love to see F2FS in there, an ETA would be nice so I could set myself a time frame.
 * As the d-i is new to me, I don't really get what exactly to put in the mountoptions/f2fs file. I read the kernel documentation for F2FS and found all the mount options, however I compared it with btrfs & xfs and it looks like it's not simply a copy of all mount options provided by the kernel. I couldn't find any documentation how the d-i handles this file, so could you (or someone else) help me out here?

Regards,
Stephan Lachnit