Re: Change templates: CD -> installation medium - proposal #2

Steve McIntyre wrote:
> Ben Hutchings wrote:
>> Holger Wansing wrote:
>>>  #: ../cdrom-detect.templates:14001
>>> -msgid "The CD-ROM drive contains a CD which cannot be used for installation."
>>> +msgid "The detected installation drive cannot be used for installation."
>>>  msgstr ""
>>[...]
>>
>> I don't know exactly what cdrom-detect does, but it may still be
>> specific to optical drives.  In that case you could use more specific
>> terms here, e.g. "The optical disc drive contains a disc which cannot
>> be used for installation."
>>
>> Otherwise a suitable new text could be something like "The detected
>> drive does not contain a usable installation disk".
>
> cdrom-detect (yes, overly-specific name) is still the piece in the
> initramfs that looks for the rest of d-i, so I still think just
> changing to "installation disk(s)" here is fine.

I don't follow your logic.  If this dialogue might be talking about a
thumbdrive, that sounds to me like a valid reason to want to say
something general like

   "The device does not contain a useful installation image."
or
   "No useful installation image found on detected media."

Okay, the message may be coming from something specifically named
"cdrom-detect", but users don't know that, do they?