Re: Change templates: CD -> installation medium - proposal #2

On Tue, Sep 10, 2019 at 05:19:38PM +0200, Holger Wansing wrote:

>I wonder if this works for cases, where the installation medium is a
>CD or DVD?
>
>Do people know what is meant, when you talk about the CD as an
>"installation device"?  Is a CD (the optical disc, not the device
>file under Linux!) known as "a device"?

Not really, IMHO.

>I am not a native English speaker, but German.
>At least in German I think that would not work.
>
>This proposal is to find a coverterm for all installation mediums: CDs, DVDs,
>floppys, USB sticks, ISO files within virtual machines ...
>This approach should have higher priority than grammatical refinements IMHO.

We could just go back to "disk" or "installation disk"?

"Managing a volunteer open source project is a lot like herding
 kittens, except the kittens randomly appear and disappear because they
 have day jobs." -- Matt Mackall