Re: Old-timer installer, task-sysvinit?

On Sonntag, 23. November 2014, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> Perhaps it is time someone who actually knows how to make it do the
> right thing to document it officially.

Debian has agreed via the tech-ctte and via the recent GR that installing
systemd by default on new installations *is* the *right thing*.

And jessie is frozen. Since ages ;-)

Please accept that.

That said, useful patches for the release-notes and the installation-guide are
still welcome I suppose - though I (personally) don't consider patches adding
documentation for legacy init systems (with known deficencies for decades) to
be very useful for future minded people. But I don't maintain said
documentation.

I would imagine patches documenting how to properly use systemd and make use
of its features and benefits are more a.) welcomed, b.) useful (for total
newbies and old farts alike) and c.) better use of time. YMMV. Also,
wiki.debian.org/systemd should have all the info (including how to avoid it in
Jessie.)

So I do think this is out of scope for discussion on this list right now.

(If you have code patches for stretch (=jessie+1), submit them to the bts and
start a discussion after the release.)