Re: Old-timer installer, task-sysvinit?

Jonas Smedegaard dixit:

>> 3. The installer CAN be used to install sysvinit via preseeding (and
>> admins should know how to use preseeding to install systems...)
[…]
>script late in the install process to replace init-related packages
>already installed by debian-installer.

Indeed. You can also just Alt-F2 and run
	in-target apt-get --purge -y install sysvinit-core
yourself; the --purge additionally removes the configs of
removed packages, but dependencies of them are *still* there
*and* not eligible for “apt-get --purge autoremove” because
installed by debootstrap.

(I tend to install dselect to clean up junk d-i insists on,
like dictionaries, straight after the installation anyway,
so this is almost not more work for me, but…)

Plus: it installs systemd first, then switches to sysvinit.
Do we have a promise that that will keep being supported?
And it feels a bit backward…

>Please Cc me, I am not subscribed here.

Same.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
<diogenese> Beware of ritual lest you forget the meaning behind it.
<igli> yeah but it means if you really care about something, don't