Re: Old-timer installer, task-sysvinit?

[sent again - to proper address this time]

[NB! This post sent to debian-boot - please follow up there]

Quoting Erich Schubert (2014-11-23 09:50:12)
> 1. There is a wide consensus that Debian continues to allow other init
> systems.
> 2. The installer (currently) does install systemd.
> 3. The installer CAN be used to install sysvinit via preseeding (and
> admins should know how to use preseeding to install systems...)

I believe third point above is inaccurate: Debian-installer has hooks to
pass hints to packages (debconf preseeding) and hooks to execute shell
scripts.  What is currently possible is only the latter: Spawn a shell
script late in the install process to replace init-related packages
already installed by debian-installer.

Please Cc me, I am not subscribed here.

 - Jonas