Re: Choice of Desktop environment at install time using netinst CD.

On Tue, Mar 05, 2013 at 12:49:54AM -0800, Rick Thomas wrote:

>    # cat /proc/cmdline # in the F2 console during the installation
>    ro ramdisk_size=10240 desktop=kde --
>
>It installed kde as expected.
>
>I'm not sure what the "--" is all about.  It was not present when I
>installed with the "netinst" CD and typed
>    expert desktop=xfce
>at the "boot:" prompt.  As noted, that installed xfce4.  So the --
>may not be strictly necessary.
>
>Take a look at the stuff in /install/yaboot.conf on the install CDs.
>I think that's where all this is originating from.

OK, cool. Thanks for confirming. I've taken your text, tweaked
slightly, and added it into debian-cd. I've also added some code to
work out the default desktop so we can list that. I'm building a
weekly powerpc set right now with the changes in - please test and
make sure all works OK?

I can see the code looks ok from here, but I don't have easy access to
a powerpc machine to be able to check that text fits on screen
correctly, silly things like that...

Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.