Re: Choice of Desktop environment at install time using netinst CD.

On Sun, Mar 03, 2013 at 02:58:54PM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>On Sun, Mar 03, 2013 at 02:52:50PM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>>On Sun, Mar 03, 2013 at 12:56:10AM -0800, Rick Thomas wrote:
>>>
>>>    The following desktop environments are available:
>>>    gnome, kde, xfce and lxde.  The default is gnome.
>>>    If you prefer a different one, append
>>>        "desktop=<your choice>"
>>>    E.g. to do an expert install with the xfce desktop
>>>    environment, type
>>>        "expert desktop=xfce"
>>>    at the "boot:" prompt.
>>>
>>>Would it help if I submit a wishlist bug report?  If so, which package?
>>
>>The message there comes from debian-cd, so I'm simply adding it now.
>
>Ahh, hmmm. It should probably be modified appropriately at runtime, in
>fact, so we say the right thing on each variant of the CD. I'll tweak
>it to do that now.

Gah. Looking further, at the moment I don't see how (if at all) the
powerpc boot stuff passes through any of the kernel boot options to
specify a default task. Rick, what happens if you try with kde CD#1
right now? Does it actually do KDE, or does it still default to Gnome?

I'm glad you're thinking of things here, it's been a while since we've
had many people interested in ppc stuff like this! :-)

"You can't barbecue lettuce!" -- Ellie Crane