Re: Fwd: Experience and problems in installing wheezy b-4

On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 12:01 AM, Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> wrote:
L V Gandhi wrote:
>On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 9:39 AM, Brian Potkin <claremont102@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>> I'm of little use here. Press TAB when the splash screen comes up. KDE
>> should be mentioned on the kernel booting line.
>
>Regarding third point, when the cd boots, I get directly options menu
>containg 3 options for graphical, text, rescue modes. I dont get any flash
>screen.

*ah* Right - you're booting in UEFI mode and so you're seeing the grub
menu rather than the isolinux menu. This would explain why you and
Brian are not following each other...!

>Secondly, I want to say by leaving debian desktop option in software
>selection and in command line I could run task-kde-desktop for getting kde.
>But I think problem is even in kde cd, debian desktop option software
>selection points to task-debian-desktop which leads to gnome. Either debian
>desktop option in kde should point to task-kde-desktop or separate option
>of kde desktop should replace debian desktopn. I think this is a bug in kde
>cds.

It's a bug in the UEFI mode on those CDs - I've not (yet!) implemented
equivalent options to match the normal isolinux options. That includes
not passing the right choice of task through to the d-i kernel. I
forgot about this. :-(

Working on it now.

Thanks, Steve

--