Re: Fwd: Experience and problems in installing wheezy b-4

On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 7:49 PM, Brian Potkin <claremont102@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri 23 Nov 2012 at 19:48:18 -0800, L V Gandhi wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 9:39 AM, Brian Potkin <claremont102@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > On Fri 23 Nov 2012 at 20:05:23 +0530, L V Gandhi wrote:
> >
> > > As I said earlier, I am using wheezy-kde-amd version in both b-3 and b-4.
> > > With task selection of debian desktop, ssh server,laptop and last option,
> > > it installed only GNOME not KDE. Any help in this regard welcome.
> >
> > I'm of little use here. Press TAB when the splash screen comes up. KDE
> > should be mentioned on the kernel booting line.
> >

> Thanks.
> Regarding third point, when the cd boots, I get directly options menu
> containg 3 options for graphical, text, rescue modes. I dont get any flash
> screen.
> Secondly, I want to say by leaving debian desktop option in software
> selection and in command line I could run task-kde-desktop for getting kde.
> But I think problem is even in kde cd, debian desktop option software
> selection points to task-debian-desktop which leads to gnome. Either debian
> desktop option in kde should point to task-kde-desktop or separate option
> of kde desktop should replace debian desktopn. I think this is a bug in kde
> cds.

There should be 5 options and a screen showing the Debian swirl. The
kernel command line would have "desktop=kde" in it.

You booted from a CD; what did you use to burn the ISO to the CD?

I used just burn image option of windows 8 right click. But I also got the same three options showing Debian swirl and no flash screen in my usb stick in which I used just cp and sync as said in install doc.
--
L V Gandhi