Re: netinst + uefi (was Re: netinst install-time compilation of network drier)

On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 04:11:41PM -0600, Keith Moyer wrote:
>On 11/24/2012 3:38 PM, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>> Hmmm. The beta4 netinst *should* be UEFI compatible already. If
>> you're booting off USB, how did you write the image to USB? I'm
>> asking because a lot of people are using unetbootin, and that's
>> causing issues for us...
>
>I just used dd to write it to /dev/sdb (no partitioning first).
>Should I have created a partition table and written it to a partition
>(type 0x17?)?  As it is, I have to use CSM mode to boot the netinst
>USB (then change it back to UEFI mode to boot into Windows).  Not
>ideal, but I thought I could deal with it just for installation.

No, you're doing the right thing. dd to the raw device is the right
way to use the image, I was just checking that was what you'd
done. Hmmm. Another machine that doesn't like the UEFI stuff we've
got, it seems. :-(

Silly question - could you possibly try writing the image to CD and
see if that boots in UEFI mode please?

We don't need no education.
We don't need no thought control.