Re: Installing on btrfs

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 02:09:29PM +0200, Matthijs Wensveen wrote:
> I was sort of thinking along the same lines, except with less
> technical knowledge. Might it be possible to do the boot loader
> selection *before* partman,

It can't be before partman because boot loader selection often depends
on partitioning; for example GRUB Legacy has a more restricted range of
filesystems it understands than GRUB 2 does, doesn't understand LVM,
etc.  If we want to have boot loader selection available by the time
check.d scripts run, it has to be done during partman.