Re: Driver injection disk debconf templates in D-I

On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 09:35:22AM +0100, Justin B Rye wrote:
> Christian PERRIER wrote:
> > Quoting Frans Pop (elendil@planet.nl):
> >> So maybe:
> >> Detect device driver media from hardware manufacturer

> > I like that one....though it brings back wording to "any kind of
> > driver disk" while the original idea was "very special things embarked
> > in the devices itself" and was fitting something apparently asked by
> > Dell to Ubuntu (ref: Colin comment on IRC).

> Actually what I was thinking was either:

How about:

?  "device" doesn't provide any new information here; I think
"manufacturer-supplied" is more accurate than the other suggestions.  (And I
think the distinction between "disk" and "media" is immaterial; we use
"disk" to refer to lots of things that aren't physically disk-shaped.)