Re: Driver injection disk debconf templates in D-I

Quoting Frans Pop (elendil@planet.nl):
> On Sunday 30 May 2010, Frans Pop wrote:
> > Maybe use "hardware vendor" instead of OEM. Using just "hardware" does
> > lose information as the essence is that the drivers are provided by the
> > vendor, not by the distro.
>
> Or maybe better "hardware manufacturer".

(re-adding -l10n-english)

That "fits" (menu item entries are limited in size).

Justin proposed "-supplied"  in this thread which could turn into:

60 characters is, IIRC, OK for menu entries (if nothing changed, the
limit is 65)

Any preference? I personnally prefer the first solution as "supplied"
in the second one is related to "hardware manufacturer", but the dash
only links it to "manufacturer" which makes things look a little bit
weird, IMHO.

I committed the first choice as of now. We have until Tuesday to
finally settle on this (l10n sync run).