Re: Driver injection disk debconf templates in D-I

[Steve Langasek]
> And thereby losing information.
> The d-i main menu is only shown in expert mode or when there's been
> an exception in the install.  We shouldn't make these menu items
> less accurate to avoid using "jargon", that will only confuse users
> into thinking this menu item could be used for something it can't.

Good point.

>> I also reported a bug suggesting to lower the priority at which this
>> template is displayed.
> It's a main menu item.  Doesn't the priority of udeb menu item
> templates affect either a) whether the udeb is *run* by default, or
> b) nothing (I can't remember which)?

I suspect Christian was refering to the debconf question presented by
the package.  It is using debconf priority high to ask if the detected
drive should be used to load drivers.  I suspect its priority should
be lowered to medium as Christian suggests.

The menu item do not have a debconf priority, and thus its menu
handling is not affected by any debconf priority. :)

There is also the template priority which affect what translators work
on, and there I suspect Christians changes were correct.  This new
udeb is not used in the common case, and its translations should thus
not be very high priority.

Happy hacking,
Petter Reinholdtsen