Re: nslu2 kernel upgrade fails without initramfs-tools

* Tim Froidcoeur <tim.froidcoeur@googlemail.com> [2008-04-20 20:45]:
> I struggled with upgrading the debian kernel on nslu2 until I finally
> figured out that i needed to have initramfs-tools installed.
> Without those, the system was left unbootable after a kernel image
> upgrade and I always had to reflash using an older kernel and upslug2.
>
> If the initramfs-tools are mandatory, shouldn't there be a dependency so
> that it always gets installed.
> to initramfs-tools.]

The installer installs initramfs-tools on the nslu2, so I'm not sure
why it's not installed on your machine.

However, it probably makes sense to add a depends to flash-kernel.
I'll do that, thanks.

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/