nslu2 kernel upgrade fails without initramfs-tools

Hi,

I struggled with upgrading the debian kernel on nslu2 until I finally
figured out that i needed to have initramfs-tools installed.
Without those, the system was left unbootable after a kernel image
upgrade and I always had to reflash using an older kernel and upslug2.
[I did have yaird installed. Not sure if that should be an alternative
to initramfs-tools.]

If the initramfs-tools are mandatory, shouldn't there be a dependency so
that it always gets installed.

should I file a bug report for this? Please advise as to where to file
it under and what to provide as info.

thnx

kind regards

Tim