Re: Proposal: move win32-loader in SVN repository

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 06:18:50PM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting Robert Millan (rmh@aybabtu.com):
>
> > Sounds like a fair point (as for udebs, I still don't really see how they
> > relate to the equation, but that is moot now).
> >
> > I'm not familiar with what each level means, though.  Is there a less-priority
> > level for which it would be suitable?
>
> Well, not easily..:-)
>
> I personnally think that translating win32-loader should be a quite
> high priority for translators. Something equivalent to level 2,
> indeed. But, on the other hand, I don't want to clutter level 2 stats
> with it....because, as already explained, there are languages that
> are/have been 100% for level 2 but *don't* have NSIS translated. So it
> wouldn't be fair for these to include win32-loader to level 2
>
> This is also not only about being "fair" but make my own task easier
> during the final release process. During that process, I try as much
> as possible to get level 2 completed, nagging translators very hard to
> get them to 100%. It would be more complicated to have some languages
> for which the target is not 100% but, say, 82%, because these
> languages do not have win32-loader support.
>
> As a compromise, I could maybe add win32-loader to level 3 (along with
> xorg, menu....).
>

> > My interest in integration is due to other things not related to how much
> > priority is assigned to translating win32-loader.  For example, new translators
> > often use the BTS to send win32-loader translations, but it would be more
> > convenient if they use the same channels used to add stuff to packages/po/
> > (sometimes this even meant that translator coordinators sent bug reports
> > instead of committing the translation directly).
>

> Well, having it in any level will not help much there. It will help
> for translators who read docs or read mails in debian-i18n. BUt you'll
> still get some bug reports.
>
> Anyway, as there is no perfect solution, my best proposal currently is
> moving the package either directly under trunk/ or into an "otherpkgs"
> directory parallel to packages/ (in case we decide to put something
> else in D-I SVN. And, simultaneously, add win32-loader to level 3.

Ah, sorry I think I didn't understand well.  My idea of "integration" was that
the strings were merged with other components of the same level in a single
PO file.  Now that I check, this only applies to level 1 sublevels, right?

But well, I think it still would be nice to be in level 3 :-)

So where do we move it to, trunk/win32-loader? trunk/otherpkgs/win32-loader...?

--
Robert Millan

<DRM> What use is a phone call… if you are unable to speak?
(as seen on /.)