Re: Future of the linux udebs
On Sun, Feb 17, 2008 at 12:11:26AM +0100, Frederik Schueler wrote:
> Coordination is already needed now, and will be needed even more when
> this change is implemented.
> If this means waiting with a new upstream kernel version for a week or
> two until the next beta of d-i is done, we will of course wait, no one
> wants to break d-i development by purpose.
No, but some kernel team uploaders are rather indifferent to the installer
> > Another thihk that I see as a _must_ is that d-i team could nack a
> > kernel upload. This is requred since d-i won't be allowed to diverge
> > from sid kernels anymore (I mean during development) and those
> > migrations would need to be much more coordinated with d-i RM and d-i
> > porters.
> Nobody will insist on uploading a new kernel version if this breaks the
> release schedule,
I have just seen two members of the kernel team insisting exactly that, that
the d-i beta should not be allowed to block the latest 2.6.24 kernel from
being accepted into testing...
Steve Langasek Give me a lever long enough and a Free OS
Debian Developer to set it on, and I can move the world.
Ubuntu Developer http://www.debian.org/