Re: How to create crypted partition in d-i?

Hello,

On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 12:01:22AM +0200, Josef Wolf wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 05, 2007 at 10:45:03PM +0200, Max Vozeler wrote:
> > You first need to select "Configure encrypted volumes" near the
> > top of the partman main menu to setup the encrypted partitions.

I realize that my wording ("You first need to") may have been
misleading. Let me try again :-)

The setup goes like this, essentially:

 o Select "Manual"
 o Select a partition that you want to encrypt
 o Select "Use as", choose "physical volume for encryption"
 o Set encryption options
 o Select "Done setting up the partition"
 o Repeat for other to-be-encrypted partitions

Now another choice should appear near the top of the menu,
titled "Configure encrypted volumes". When you select this choice,
you'll be asked for the passphrase(s) and partman will proceed
to setup the encrypted partitions.

Afterwards there should be new entries for each encrypted
partition, similar to the entries for a normal disk, which you
can select and configure like a normal partition, setting the
file system, mount point, etc.

Hope this clarifies.

	Max