Re: Permission to provide a udeb for libaio

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> writes:

> Jérémy Bobbio wrote:
>> Actually, it is a lot cheaper than having another udeb to track from a
>> d-i RM point of view...
>
> Is that really true? If bin-nmus, which require finding and prodding one
> of a small set of very busy people, are more maintenence cost than
> managing one more udeb, we're doing something wrong.
>
> It certianly can be true if the library is used by lots of packages and
> tends to be involved in complex testing transitions. (Agurably that's
> because there's something wrong, like like too-tight library deps that
> cause such transitions.) I don't see any reason why libaio1-udeb would
> be harder to manage than other simple udebs though. The reverse
> dependencies of libaio are very small.
>
> --
> see shy jo

Guillem, the Joey's above comment[1] made clear that would be better to
have the udeb then the effort of coordinating bin-nmu and like in case
of an security update or so.

1. Message-ID: <[🔎] 20070905183400.GA2315@kitenet.net> at debian-boot

So please add it on your next upload.

--