Re: How to create crypted partition in d-i?

On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 12:47:02AM +0200, Max Vozeler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 12:01:22AM +0200, Josef Wolf wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 05, 2007 at 10:45:03PM +0200, Max Vozeler wrote:
> > > You first need to select "Configure encrypted volumes" near the
> > > top of the partman main menu to setup the encrypted partitions.
>
> I realize that my wording ("You first need to") may have been
> misleading. Let me try again :-)

Thanks for the detailed explanation, Max!  Finally I understood how
it works :-)

BTW: I tried crypted root (with /boot on separate partition) and it
seems to work OK.  Is this already supported or have I just not seen
the problems yet?

One more interesting improvement would be to put /boot onto an USB
stick.  Are there any problems to expect with such a setup?  For
example, one might (accidentally) run "apt-get upgrade" without
mounted /boot partition.