Re: [RFC] Renaming the user-setup templates

Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> writes:

> On Friday 29 June 2007 16:58, Otavio Salvador wrote:
>> Well, we can do not guarantee it but if it's simple (and on this case
>> it's) we could provide it.
>
> For all eternity? Don't see the point really.

Sure not. At least for lenny release and then we can drop them again.

>> I personally don't worry about it too much since I follow d-i
>> development but regular users that don't can have a lot of problems
>> trying to figure out why something is failing.
>
> Nothing will fail. They will just see some questions being asked and some
> values they preseeded being ignored. Solution is extremely simple: just
> check the preconfiguration appendix in a current version of the
> installation guide.

Yes I know it'll be easy to fix.

Well, I prefer to provide compatibility when possible but I am not in
a position to decide on it.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116