Re: [RFC] Renaming the user-setup templates

On Friday 29 June 2007 16:28, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> writes:
> > Are there things that I forget about?
>
> Besically, we need a backward compatibility layer for etch otherwise
> people upgrading the installer and reusing the preseeds will have
> problems with that.

Eh, why? We do not guarantee compatibility for preseed files between
Debian releases. In practice that would probably be impossible given the
amount of development work that we do on the installer.

We also had significant changes in preseeding from Sarge to Etch, which
was documented in the Etch release notes.