Re: complex partitioning preseeding

On Thu, 7 Jun 2007 22:49 Geert Stappers wrote:

> What I know from qemu, is that it can handle one single disk image.
> Please tell more about your qemu setup. ( I think the 'qemu-img'
> and the 'qemu' commands will do )

I'm using qemu -hda hda -hdb hdb -cdrom debian-testing-i386-netinst.iso  -boot d -usb -std-vga
so raid over two disks.

Yup, http://mjj29.matthew.ath.cx/debian-upload/custom-partitioner/

> > I've changed it so that it just reads the script in order, allowing the
> > most flexible configuration possible.
> >
> > The things which I still need help on are:
> >
> >    - when installing things with anna-install in the script it says
> >    "queueing for later"; but when I run anna-install from a shell it
> >    installs right away. Should I depend on everything which could
> >    possibly be needed (will this affect how it appears in the menu); or
> >    should I install the udebs as I need them, so that you don't
> >    download/install udebs you don't need?
>
> My guess would be playing with the Menu-item number in the udeb.

It's currently set so that it appears just before partman-base. I don't
see why that would affect anna-install. To clarify, anna-install package
works where as udpkg -i from the same shell at the same time doesn't
work.

Matt

--
Matthew Johnson