Re: complex partitioning preseeding

Matthew Johnson wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Jun 2007 22:49 Geert Stappers wrote:
>> What I know from qemu, is that it can handle one single disk image.
>> Please tell more about your qemu setup. ( I think the 'qemu-img'
>> and the 'qemu' commands will do )
>
> I'm using qemu -hda hda -hdb hdb -cdrom debian-testing-i386-netinst.iso  -boot d -usb -std-vga
> so raid over two disks.
>
>>> script: http://mjj29.matthew.ath.cx/partition
>>> config: http://mjj29.matthew.ath.cx/custom-partition.txt
>>>
>>> I also have it packaged as a udeb with the script as the postinst, which
>>> preempts partman in the menu.
>> Is the source of the udeb also available?
>
> Yup, http://mjj29.matthew.ath.cx/debian-upload/custom-partitioner/
>
>>> I've changed it so that it just reads the script in order, allowing the
>>> most flexible configuration possible.
>>>
>>> The things which I still need help on are:
>>>
>>>    - when installing things with anna-install in the script it says
>>>    "queueing for later"; but when I run anna-install from a shell it
>>>    installs right away. Should I depend on everything which could
>>>    possibly be needed (will this affect how it appears in the menu); or
>>>    should I install the udebs as I need them, so that you don't
>>>    download/install udebs you don't need?
>> My guess would be playing with the Menu-item number in the udeb.
>
> It's currently set so that it appears just before partman-base. I don't
> see why that would affect anna-install. To clarify, anna-install package
> works where as udpkg -i from the same shell at the same time doesn't
> work.

For people trying stuff interactively, using multiple virtual machines and setups, qemu-launcher is the software to have
installed.

I propose the following motto :-) :
„Qemu-launcher, unleashes the true power of qemu”

P.S.: qemu-launcher should also work with kvm, is just a matter of changing the path to the qemu binary

--
Regards,
EddyP