Re: [directfb-dev] [g-i] Problems with linux_input module and SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad

Ville Syrjälä wrote:
On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 11:18:22PM +0100, Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:

Holger Wansing wrote:

2.
On another laptop I have here for some time (with Alps PS2
Glidepoint touchpad) it's completely unusable.
The cursor moves extremely slowly or doesn't move completely (sensitivity problem?) while tapping on the pad and using
the external buttons of the pad works well.

experienced something similar on my father's laptop: i guess x,y effective input range has to be somehow queried and taken into account.

I've attachd an updated patch if you want to try it. It now asks the device for the min/max coordinates and uses normalized values internally so it should behave the same on all touchpads.

I also changed the acceleration to behave like the cursor acceleration works ie. just multiply by some factor when the threshold is crossed.

I just rebuilt directfb udeb with Ville's patch (Thanks! :) and uploaded here [1] a miniiso. Of course on my laptop this works fine (also first version of Ville's patch did) but it would be interesting if Frans, who previously reported crash on his Alps-equipped laptop, could give it a try.

cheers

Attilio

[1] https://debian.polito.it/downloads/mini_ville_v2.iso