Re: [directfb-dev] [g-i] Problems with linux_input module and SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad

On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 15:36:57 +0100 Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:
> Ville Syrjälä wrote:
> > I've attachd an updated patch if you want to try it. It now asks the
> > device for the min/max coordinates and uses normalized values
> > internally so it should behave the same on all touchpads.
[...]
> I just rebuilt directfb udeb with Ville's patch (Thanks! :) and uploaded
> here [1] a miniiso.
> Of course on my laptop this works fine (also first version of Ville's
> patch did) but it would be interesting if Frans, who previously reported
> crash on his Alps-equipped laptop, could give it a try.
>
> cheers
>
> Attilio
>
> [1] https://debian.polito.it/downloads/mini_ville_v2.iso

On a synaptics touchpad no problems here, but on an alps glidepoint
there are still problems:

- speed and sensitivity are ok
- moving the cursor too quick results in a click
- unable to use the external keys of the touchpad on the
  Continue + back buttons: left key does nothing, right
  key seems to call a "Page down" function.

So no go, not usable here.

--
Kind regards
Holger

Created with Sylpheed 2.2.2
    under Debian GNU/LINUX 3.1 »Sarge«
        http://counter.li.org/,  Registered LinuxUser #311290
            Spamfiltering by bogofilter.sourceforge.net