Re: [directfb-dev] [g-i] Problems with linux_input module and SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad

On Thursday 07 December 2006 15:36, Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:
> I just rebuilt directfb udeb with Ville's patch (Thanks! :) and
> uploaded here [1] a miniiso.
> Of course on my laptop this works fine (also first version of Ville's
> patch did) but it would be interesting if Frans, who previously
> reported crash on his Alps-equipped laptop, could give it a try.

OK. now that we know the cause of the crash I was experiencing earlier,
I've retested the 2nd image from Ville (with the ps2mouse module
disabled) and can confirm that it is not structurally broken.
However, my Alps touchpad still is not supported correctly as Holger
Wansing also already reported.

Note that I'm not sure if Ville's patch affects linux_input or ps2mouse or
both, so with ps2mouse disabled I may not have actually tested
anything...

As the current directfb works in an acceptable way for both synaptics and
alps and given the fact that Etch is now frozen, I feel we should delay
applying new patches to after the release and we should also try to get
alps touchpads properly supported first.

Cheers,
FJP