Re: Dictionaries-common prompts users FIVE times during a default French desktop install

Christian Perrier wrote
> I wrote
>> How do you manage to install both at the same time?
>
> triggerred by tasksel as it seems

strange,

$ dpkg-source -x tasksel_2.58.dsc && grep -R ifrench tasksel-2.58/*
dpkg-source: extracting tasksel in tasksel-2.58
dpkg-source: unpacking tasksel_2.58.tar.gz
tasksel-2.58/tasks/french: ifrench-gut

No trace of ifrench there.

>> More things, I remember to have been prompted when apt-utils was not
>> installed and so, no pre-configuration was possible or, when due to
>> space limitation in the /var partition some sort of debconf database
>> corruption happened.
>
> No way this can be a limitation in /var. This install was done in a
> 6GB partition and I was only using one partition.

Another possibility that can be discarded.

However, I still cannot reproduce the problem,

I carried out an installation in a 4000M qemu image, from
debian-testing-i386-binary-1.iso RC1 DVD image, single partition + swap,
french locales, even french keyboard, selecting

Environnment graphique ... (Desktop system)
Système standard           (Standard system)

and everything installed as expected with no questions at all from the
dictionaries-common side.

Furthermore, ifrench is not installed, only ifrench-gut, as expected from
the tasksel contents.

--
Agustin