Re: Dictionaries-common prompts users FIVE times during a default French desktop install

On Thursday 23 November 2006 18:05, Agustin Martin wrote:
> More things, I remember to have been prompted when apt-utils was not
> installed and so, no pre-configuration was possible or, when due to
> space limitation in the /var partition some sort of debconf database
> corruption happened.
>
> So, does the problem appear at the pre-configure or at the postinst
> stage? Do other questions appear at the pre-configure stage?

Can you provide us with a version of the relevant package(s) (probably
only dictionaries-common) that dump some debugging output somewhere
(stderr will work)?
I feel we are going around in circles on this issue and having a version
for testing that _shows_ what is happening would probably allow us to do
some real tracing instead of speculating.

Cheers,
FJP