Re: Gtk 2.10 availability

On Sun, Sep 24, 2006, Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:
> Meanwhile, if you want to see if you can reproduce the "BOOM" bug in GTK
> from CVS, you can proceed as follows (you'll need a ssh terminal).
> -Run gtk-demo and open the hypertext app
> -Attach gdb to the process and set a breakpoint at
> gtk_target_table_free() and continue running
> -close the hypertext window with meta-c, you'll enter the
> gtk_target_table_free()
> -At some point you should get a crash in the for() loop, can you
> reproduce this?

 Ok, I suppose I could reach the crash and setup an initial environment
 for testing, but that's not good enough for debugging for now.  Here's
 what I did:
 - boot with a vesa framebuffer on the kernel command line
 - build gtk-demo against directfb from the gtk source:
   * fakeroot debian/rules debian/stampdir/configure-stamp-directfb
   * cd debian/tmp/build/directfb/demos/gtk-demo
   * make (should fail at the final link)
   * gcc $(pkg-config --cflags --libs gtk+-directfb-2.0) -o gtk-demo *.o
   * launch ./gtk-demo as root
 - I also had to setup mode= in /root/.directfbrc and capslock-meta

 So, I could launch the hypertext app, and close it with CapsLock+c.

 I still had the mouse afterwards, but I did *not* have the
 etch-a-sketch bug.  Instead, nothing else was happening, I couldn't do
 anything with the interface anymore.  I couldn't switch VT anymore.

 Since I have a single console, it's not easy to debug the graphical
 problem; perhaps there's a virtual output for DirectFB (like Xvfb)?

 I think I will setup a qemu or vmware to debug this.

 Thanks for the hints!

   Bye,
--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>