Re: Gtk 2.10 availability

On Sat, Sep 23, 2006, Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:
> First, the bad news: GTK 2.10.4 has a broken DFB backend, as an old
> bugfix [1] by Mike Emmel icluded in CVS was not relesed, so to get a
> working GTKDFB library you'll have to use sources form CVS HEAD.

 The link you're giving seems like the solution of the bug I've searched
 the last hour or so.  If it's only that, it should be easy to include
 in the Debian packages, thanks for the pointer.

> In addition to this, the bug i posted about in July still affects GTK
> CVS HEAD, so i think this is enough to try re-backporting from scratch
> the HEAD GDKDFB to 2.8.20 (current DFB backend in debian unstable is
> dated around May 2006).

 I checked with Joss, and he said you did the backporting.  Would you
 provide a similar patch or explain the process you followed to make it?

--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>