Re: This is getting ridiculous ...

On Sat, Jun 17, 2006 at 12:44:15AM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 08:40:32PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > >
> > > You have that already. There are >1000 DD's, and only a small portion of
> > > those has commit access to the d-i repository. "any normal DD",
> > > therefore, does not have commit access to the d-i repository.
> >
> > And how many of them cannot commit despite wanting to do it ?
>
> Not a clue. No interest either -- how is it any relevant?

Because there are none, even non-DD are welcome to have commit access, and for
years there where near a 100 of ex-d-i contributors now inactive who had
commit access.

> [...]
> > And everyone tells me to accept it, and to be meak and submlissive, but only
> > rarely is any critic against Frans voiced, which makes me a whiner
>
> No. Having critique against Frans for doing what he did does not make
> you a whiner. Would this happen to me, I would probably also utter some
> critique.

Indeed.

> However, repeating this critique over and over and over again, on
> (currently, at least) three different mailinglists at the same time, in
> threads of which two started with totally different and unrelated
> subjects and the third of which you started yourself (because, hey,
> annoying people in two threads isn't enough yet), *that* is what makes
> you a whiner.

Maybe, but given how even appealing to the DPL for a mediation failed, and
playing nice is almost not even noticed or plainly rejected, this is the
only way i have left to get some hope to get this issue solved, not my fault.

> I know you're not happy with what happened. I think that anyone who does
> not know by now that you're not happy with what happened is pretty much
> blind, you've made sure of that. However, it should be clear, even to
> you, that these threads are not gaining you any support -- on the
> contrary.

So, they are happy to let such injustice happen in debian, and are happy to
let the status quo stay there just so they are not bothered in their java
flamewars, or self-justification over jonathan/ted's brutal expulsion. Well, i
can do without their support, especially of those thinking that insulting me
behind my back is a noble course of action. In particular, Andres Salomon, who
is on those irc channels, and tried to expulse me because i insulted jonas in
exasperation over his stuborn refusal to even consider fixing an RC bug, which
is what started this whole mess.

> > and someone to be insulted and joked on by the vast majority of DDs.
>
> I don't think I personally have ever insulted you, so I wonder why you
> have to mention such in a post that is a direct reply to a post by
> myself.

Because this is the current state of affairs, and you have to understand it,
and how this is a direct result of giving frans and the d-i team all the
reason, and thus marginalizing me.

/me wishes there where a real mediator in debian, preferably someone who has
done studies in psychologie or something such, and is not a borderline asocial
nerd like we all are.

Friendly,

Sven Luther