Re: ppp-udeb: installations via PPPoE are possible (but still with some problems which I don't know why they appear)

On 5/30/06, Eddy Petrişor <eddy.petrisor@gmail.com> wrote:
On 5/30/06, Eddy Petrişor <eddy.petrisor@gmail.com> wrote:
> Resent because it was dropped; the attachements[1][2] can be seen at
> http://eddyp.homelinux.net:8080/eddy/pppoe/

There is also an iso[1] with the modified ppp-udeb package but the
postinst[*] was modified; I will rebuild the iso tonight with the
updated ppp-udeb version (with the newest patch applied[2]).

[1] http://eddyp.homelinux.net:8080/eddy/pppoe/pppoe-i386.iso
[2] http://eddyp.homelinux.net:8080/eddy/pppoe/ppp-udeb_templates_and_logging.patch

ISO is rebuilt and available at the said place.

There is a catch, though, before selecting the pppoe entry in the menu
(it needs to loaded as an additional component), one should switch to
VT2 and run depmod, otherwise loading the pppoe module will fail
(sorry fo this, I will fix this issue asap)

--
Regards,
EddyP