Re: D-I Etch Beta2 - Status update

* Frans Pop <aragorn@tiscali.nl> [2006-02-15 00:53]:
> In the mean time you should be able to test arm images affected just as
> well using sid_d-i images.

Yeah, I've tested them with the right kernel already.

> We'll just have to inform testers to use those instead of the daily
> builds or full CDs.

It's only an issue for one specific sub-arch (nslu2), which doesn't
need CDs.

> > mips/mipsel doesn't have 2.6 images yet.  We'll sort out initramfs
> > generators once we have 2.6 images. (I've been looking at klibc on
> > mips/mipsel recently so we can go with initramfs-tools).
> Is initramfs-tools working yet or is that work in progress?

WIP.  However, several mips sub-arches don't need (and cannot have)
initrds anyway (need: because the most important drivers are built-in;
cannot: because some mips boot loaders don't have the ability to load
initrds yet).
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/