Re: D-I Etch Beta2 - Status update

On Tuesday 14 February 2006 01:29, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> Can you please push the arm -6 udebs into testing now (rather than
> waiting for -7, or worse, staying with -4) since they fix an ARM
> specific problem (in addition to the security issue).

Hmm. I'm don't think we should start pushing udebs before the
corresponding source is in testing; not sure if RMs would agree to that
anyway. Also, it would delay the first build [1], which I'd rather avoid.

It is however a very strong argument to wait for -7 for the final build.
In the mean time you should be able to test arm images affected just as
well using sid_d-i images.
We'll just have to inform testers to use those instead of the daily builds
or full CDs. We can mention that on the DebianInstaller/Today wiki and
probably mail the arm port list.

> mips/mipsel doesn't have 2.6 images yet.  We'll sort out initramfs
> generators once we have 2.6 images. (I've been looking at klibc on
> mips/mipsel recently so we can go with initramfs-tools).

Is initramfs-tools working yet or is that work in progress?

Cheers,
FJP

[1] Has been delayed one day anyway because of misunderstanding on my part
    of timing of britney runs which pick up the hints.