Re: D-I Etch Beta2 - Status update

On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 12:53:53AM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 February 2006 01:29, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> > Can you please push the arm -6 udebs into testing now (rather than
> > waiting for -7, or worse, staying with -4) since they fix an ARM
> > specific problem (in addition to the security issue).

> Hmm. I'm don't think we should start pushing udebs before the
> corresponding source is in testing; not sure if RMs would agree to that
> anyway.

The principal reason for concern here is the GPL's source requirement.
Given that the newer linux-2.6 package is available from our mirrors anyway,
and d-i images tend to linger long after we no longer have the source
required to build them directly, I'm not sure it makes a real difference.

> Also, it would delay the first build [1], which I'd rather avoid.

But you're the boss, in any case. :)

> It is however a very strong argument to wait for -7 for the final build.

Hurray, gives me more time to get my alpha fixes into kernel-wedge and
l-k-di-alpha-2.6 :)

Cheers,