Re: [g-i] Arabic / Persian fonts

On Wed, Feb 08, 2006, Mohammed Adnène Trojette wrote:
> > For comparison I have run Davide's mini_only_nazli.iso and this is what a
> > nazli only screen _should_ look like:
> > http://people.debian.org/~fjp/d-i/screenshot_really_only_nazli_Arabic_14pt_20060206.png
> > http://people.debian.org/~fjp/d-i/screenshot_really_only_nazli_Persian_14pt_20060206.png
>
> These are right (pfew). And I am going to test this iso too.

After testing, it seems that the "cut first character" is related to
italic. Indeed, if you have a look at[0], you'll see that the same word
is not rendered the same way when italic or not (see the first word - in
RTL way, obviously - in the zoomed areas). When aleph (the vertical bar
glyph) is italic, it goes out and is then cut.

Is there a way to disable italic in Arabic?

[0] http://adn.diwi.org/tmp/italic-no-italic-nazli-only.png

--
adn
Mohammed Adnène Trojette